2012年4月7日星期六

Future Posted WordPress Articles Can Miss Schedule

One of the benefits of WordPress is you can future post blog articles to go live anytime in the future. But I was surprised that many of my future articles were never posted as expected. They simple Missed Schedule!


missed schedule


What happened? While travelling as I checked my site on my mobile phone, there were no updates. I usually future post while travelling or on vacation to keep the blog current with new content. Though I always believed this system to be fool proof, it was surprising when I logged into WordPress admin to find red notes on the articles “Missed Schedule”.


I checked my site traffic logs for any site downtime during the particular post time, but could not observe any significant downtime. Even if there was a few minutes of busy database / server down issues during the very time, I expected future posting to continue at first instance it is possible. But it seems that does not occur in the current WordPress configuration.


Future posted articles may never go live – Bloggers often future post when they go on long vacations and are busy in real life activities. But this is with the expectation that future posts will get published as per schedule. Now knowing the fact that database / server issues the very moment the post has to be published can prevent the article from going live, till you manually publish it, raises a concern for all bloggers who future post articles.


What WordPress should do?- If WordPress is not able to publish a future posted article, it should recheck frequently every 10 minutes, and publish the article as soon as possible after the publish date, instead of missing schedule and never going live.


A concerned future posting blogger… what are your thoughts?





Related articles you might like ...

没有评论:

发表评论